2021 Hotspot Map & Busker Timetable
The Noosa Busking Championships are back in 2021!! On Saturday 5th June the Noosa Foreshore will come alive as talented, quirky and beginner performers take to the banks of the Noosa River for a variety of street performances keeping audiences entertained for hours.
Noosa River pathways, street corners, café and restaurant fronts along Gympie Tce will all double as a stage for a wonderful array of eclectic artists who will rotate at hotspots along the Foreshore performing for passers by. Whilst the genres, talent and music will differ, the performers have a common goal – to get your foot tapping and your smile happening.
Top prizes are on offer for such categories as Open, Primary and Secondary Students, Bands, Special Judges Awards to name a few. There is also an opportunity for spectators to vote in the People’s Choice Award by buying “busking dollars”. On Sunday 6th June, finalists will perform on a variety of stages at the Noosa Come Together Festival Event, the winners announced.
Stroll along the Noosa Foreshore and check out the hot spots dotted along the river OR spread your picnic rug and relax to the tunes as buskers come and go. This is a fantastic free event for live music which saw Tones & I perform in the 2018 championships shortly before her rise to fame. So come along and you may just witness an international music sensation in the making!!
- Buskers will play throughout the day at hot spots dotted along the Noosa River Foreshore – Gympie Tce (from 9 am – 3pm), in half-hour sessions. See map for locations.
- Spectators can purchase “Busking Tokens” for $1 each & give them to the Buskers they like the most. The busker with the most Busking Tokens wins the People’s Choice Award.
- Finalists perform at the Noosa Come Together Festival on Sunday 6th June – Lions Park Gympie Tce
- Make a weekend of it and bring a picnic, your family and friends and enjoy a unique and wonderful live music experience
- Anyone can be a busker – beginners to professionals
- Over $6,000 in prize money
- There are a variety of different categories you can compete in
- Singers, groups, musicians and instrumentalists of any genre and non-musical street entertainers welcome
- All cash tips buskers make on the day are theirs to keep
- You can perform as many 1/2 hour sets as you like (pending number of buskers and stations). Most buskers perform 2-4 sessions
- Sell your CDs, merchandise and promote yourself as an artist
- Winners of the Secondary and Open categories will automatically qualify to compete in the National Finals in Cooma NSW in November
- Register online ASAP ($20 entry fee for individuals, $40 for duos and groups)